Skip to main content

‘PM House expenses curtailed to few millions from one billion’

LAHORE: Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry said on Sunday that under the Premier Imran Khan’s austerity drive, the expenditure of Prime Minister House has been reduced to only few million from one billion rupees previously.

Addressing an event in Lahore, Chaudhry stated that public did not have the money to purchase medicines then how could the PM House run in a royal fashion. He further said that the auction of buffaloes of PM House was not aimed at garnering any financial benefit, but it was being done in a symbolic manner to convey the message of simplicity to the masses.

The Minister lamented that the austerity drive of PM had already come under fire, however, “all our struggles are meant for the poor faction of the society.”

The government of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has considerably brought down the expenditure of PM House, he said while adding that his government was putting most of its focus on sectors of education, health and cleanliness.

Soon after coming into the power, Prime Minister Imran Khan while kicking off the austerity drive from his own, announced to reside at the three-bed residence of the Military Secretary instead of the lavish PM House.

Giving a road-map of his priorities and policies in his televised address to the nation, he had said there were 524 employees deployed at the PM House, but he would use only two for domestic service.

PM Khan has fulfilled his words so far that he pledged under his austerity drive.

On the Prime Minister’s order, none of the governors were residing in the governor houses either and ensuring maximum austerity in the chief minister houses of the PTI-led provinces.

 

The post ‘PM House expenses curtailed to few millions from one billion’ appeared first on ARYNEWS.



from ARYNEWS https://ift.tt/2xWyB92

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sialkot police bust gang of robbers, seize over Rs20m looted cash

SIALKOT: Police on Tuesday claimed to have busted an infamous gang of robbers and seized Rs20.3 million looted cash from their possession, ARY News reported. A spokesperson for the police confirmed the arrests saying the eight-member gang had looted a pharmaceutical company’s truck full of medicine. He said the looted cash to the tune of Rs20.3 million was also recovered from their possession. The police said the recovered cash and truck have been handed over to their owner. Read More: Youngster battles for life as Punjab police ‘mistakenly’ opens fire on him Earlier, on June 20, Karachi police had apprehended six robbers allegedly involved in a bank robbery of Rs10.5 million last month. The robbers had produced Rs9 million from the bank robbery in front of the police after being taken under arrest. The police also recovered the weapons used by the criminals in the bank robbery. The gang was stated to have a previous record of robbing various places in the city, the police said. ...

Peshawar security forces kill four suspected terrorists

The Peshawar Counter-Terrorism Department personnel gunned down four suspected terrorists after raiding their hideout on the Kohat Road Monday. According to the security forces, the suspects were plotting an attack. A cache of weapons and ammunition has been seized too. On Monday evening, a special CTD team raided the hideout after surrounding it and exchanged fire with them. No CTD personnel was injured in the operation. from SAMAA https://ift.tt/2V8MRbn

Headlines 9am: Karachi to face power outages, coronavirus cases rise

Here are the headlines from SAMAA TV’s 9am bulletin. Pakistan has begun reporting fewer coronavirus infections in the last couple of days. In the last 24 hours, 3,964 cases were reported with 105 deaths. Around 73,000 recoveries have been confirmed so far. Three people were killed in a collision between a motorcycle and ambulance on the Mehran highway. A child was injured as well. Robbers looted a house in Karachi’s Azizabad in broad daylight and in the presence of a policeman. The cop chased the thieves but they were able to escape. SAMAA TV has acquired a CCTV footage of the robbery. A terrorism bid has been foiled in Peshawar. During a raid, security forces eliminated four terrorists. A cache of weapons and ammunition has been recovered. Saudi Arabia has announced it would hold a “very limited” Hajj this year owing to the coronavirus pandemic, with pilgrims already in the kingdom allowed to take part. The Kingdom has informed Pakistan about it as well. Pakistan’s Religious A...